Annual Seminar Corrugated packagings + flexo for the first time organized by Polska Izba Fleksografów (Polish Chamber of Flexographers) in the two-day cycle wa held in June 19-20, 2017 at the Copernicus hotel in Toruń. It was dedicated to the sector of corrugated board converters using also flexographic printing.
During the two “seminar” days, participants heared out 10 + 8 = 18 lectures of the neutral/ technological or product / commercial type.
Exhibitors of Seminar Corrugated packagings + flexo‘2017:
Barmey Wojciech Barabasz ⊕ BW Papersystems ⊕ Esko ⊕ F.H.-U.Tompak ⊕ Grafikus Systemy Graficzne ⊕ Infosystems ⊕ Pamarco ⊕ Reprograf ⊕ Scorpio ⊕ Statech ⊕ 4EcoSolutions
First day 19.6.2017:
- Current methods for measuring ink volumes of anilox rolls*), p.Wojciech Barabasz, Barmey
- Designing of corrugated board packagings *) p.Łukasz Łącki, SmurfitKappa
- Printing with waterbased inks on corrugated board – faults and defects , p.Łukasz Łącki, SmurfitKappa
- Optimisation of converting process (printing, slotting, die cutting, fording) of boxes, p.Filip Boruszak, BW Papersystems
- Optimization of anilox roll cleaning process, p.Łukasz Uba , Statech
- Trends in a global economy – impact on the flexographic sector, guest speaker: prof.Elżbieta Mączyńska, Polish Economic Society
- Platform of flexographic plates DuPont Cyrel® Easy, p.Tomasz Nojszewski , DuPont
- The results of research and development works are the key to obtain EU subsidies for flexographic presses, p.Mariusz Sosnowski , Infosystems
- Type of closure of PU anvil and the quality of rotary diecutting, p.Michał Tombiński, Tompak
- The power lies in automation. Hybrid Software solutions for corrugated board converters, p.Maciej Pierzchalski, Scorpio
A few words about 3 presentations :
ad.1) transfer in flexographic printing. Therefore, the precise knowledge of the amount of ink transferred by the anilox rolls that we plan to a given order is so important. Mr.W. Barabasz specified and compared 3 methods of measurement – as it turns out there are differences between the results of measurements carried out by different methods. Analysis of the extensive database with results collected in Barmey indicates that in the case of professional equipment service/handling and using different methods, you can get fairly consistent results and delta D min./max. of results carried out in different locations by different people and by different methods does not exceed 10%. Stipulation: a systematic calibration of devices. And what is the way of verification of results? It is necessary to use your own band calibration roller as well as – in parallel to the volume measurements – to carry out measurements of the optical density of prints and collecting results.
ad.2) 2 lectures were delivered by a representative of flexographic printing house-cb converter. In the first one he shared his extensive experience in designing corrugated board packagings based on the practice used in a global company. The multi-stage manufacturing process of cb packagings includes the analysis of customer expectations: the specificity of the customer and the planned product (appearance, shelf position, thematic blocks) on the competitive market of products with the use a rich, updated database of shopping shelves from many countries and retail chains, as well as sales perspectives / client). Optimization of the feasibility of the packaging takes into account: functionality, exposure, durability of the packaging or simulation of the supply chain and, as a result, a real calculation. A comprehensive database of boxes and their design, 2D and 3D visualization of cb boxes create an attractive foundation for optimizing the packaging offer for a customer, allowing him to avoid the cost of (unsuccessful) experiments on the store shelf – thank you Mr.Ł.Łęcki … and at the same time we invite representatives of other Polish printing houses-cb converters to submit lectures this year!
ad.6) quite different topic: expressive-extremely speaking to the imagination lecture about the economic and social evolution of the world around us and the resulting opportunities but also challenges or even threats. The quintessence of the lecture was a slide with a calyx of shame and culminating slides about a social inclusion as a priority and condition for sustainable development.
The first day was ended in social evening (grilled food and disco) arranged by us for the participants of Seminar CorrPack+flexo‘2017 in Copernicus hotel recreation area – in a close proximity to the lazily flowing Vistula – offering great space for integration, discussion (quite a lot about the lecture 6 mentioned above), taste of delicacies served and dancing.